Considering vacation in Europe

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by JOHNNY, Nov 15, 2004.

1. JOHNNY

JOHNNY Member

I live in Sunset Beach California. Iam going to Europe early next year. I was wondering if I could get some travel tips (such as places to go / activities / lodging / etc.). Also, are the people nice in the towns? Someone told me some of the natives are rude. Being in California I have czech friends, but am concerned about Eastern Europe (being a American). Please advise if possible. Thanks

2. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

Hi Johnny!

For lodgings, food and places to see consult this website or buy a guidebook (i.e. Lonely Planet). As for what to expect from the Czechs, go to the homepage and click on Your Czech Republic. You'll find posts from foreign visitors and their evaluation of their trip to CR.

Eva

3. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi Johnny,

Just a couple of links:

www.myczechrepublic.com
    www.myczechrepublic.com/yourczechrepublic.html

I don't think you need to be concerned about visiting the Czech Republic or Europe in general. It's true that people here show their feelings more openly than in the U.S., so if someone is having a bad day, you may well be made aware of it, but Czechs are generally good and friendly people. I think you'll have a great time on your trip.

Dana

4. JOHNNY

JOHNNY Member

Thanks for the response. I'll use the links to my advantage. If you ever come to California / Las Vegas - I can provide similar assistance. I just want the assurance that Czech is not Anti-American (especially with the war going on.

Have a Good Day,

Johnny