CZ Gatorade ?

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by asc, Aug 6, 2007.

1. asc

asc Member

Ahoj. I will be returning to the Czech republic in 4 weeks. Is there a Czech equivalent to the sports drink Gatorade that we have here in the states? Would appreciate any information. thank you. Cheers - Scott

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

It seems so: http://www.akce-gatorade.cz/

But I'm not sure about distribution scope.

3. asc

asc Member

ESO, dekuju. I should have figured they would have it in CZ. I will check out some potraviny during my travels. Do you know if there are similar drinks/products under different names that I should look for as well, if the CZ Gatorade is not in the store? Cheers - Scott

4. eso

eso Well-Known Member

I believe they are - probably is better to look in sport shops or sport departments of supermarkets.

I know Isostar - http://www.isostar.com/ , but I'm hardly expert.

5. asc

asc Member

Thanks ESO..... again I appreciate the information. I will keep aware of that name as I travel. Cheers - Scott

6. eso

eso Well-Known Member

I don't know how in USA but as far I know here this kind of drinks people drink only when they are on bike, at gym etc, as sport supplement, not in workaday life, so these products are selled only in specialized sport shops.

(But i can be wrong)

7. asc

asc Member

ESO... rozumim. Dekuju. I'll try to find such places. Over here gatorade and some sports drinks are sold in most small stores attached to gas stations etc and in most grocery stores. Thanks again for your comments. I very much appreciate it. Cheers - Scott

8. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Red Bull and Semtex are popular brands here, too.

9. eso

eso Well-Known Member

These are more energy drinks that sports drinks, aren't they?

10. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Well, Gatorade stands for an energy drink as well (see Energy and Endurance formulas). However, I prefer Propel which, unfortunately, is not available in CR :( .

11. asc

asc Member

Thanks Jana and eso for some more followup. I don't know semtex, but red bull is popular but is mostly a energy drink via high caffeine. I don't need that additive, but I very much appreciate the information. Gatorade is mostly the type of formula I desire, electrolyte replacement with glucose to get the water into the body quickly. I will look for it in my travels, in Praha and Morava. Perhaps Tesco might have it? Again Jana and eso, thank you for your thoughts. Cheers - Scott

12. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Semtex is a Czech brand made by Pinelli. Not very different from the Austrian Red Bull.
    Primary via taurine, coffeine is secondary.
    I don’t think you can find Gatorade in a Tesco, maybe in some specialized sport shops.
    But Semtex, Red Bull and especially Isostar products (I wonder nobody mentioned it, it is the most common brand) are sold in Tesco-like shops.

13. eso

eso Well-Known Member

I did :)

14. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Yep, sorry :oops:. I should read more carefully.

15. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Semtex, hmmm.... Interesting name for a sports/energy drink.