Czech Desert like to have recipe

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by The Animal, Nov 19, 2006.

1. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

My babic'ka used to make a desert called (bear with me while I try to spell it out, I know it won"t be spelled correctly) { beloi-me-low-skey } that's as close as I can get it. She would make dough, mix it up, flatten it out by using a rolling pin.Sprincle flour on both sides then, she would cut the dough out in approx. 6''X6'' squares. Dip the cut squares in hot cooking oil, puncher a small hole in then as they were developing air pockets to let hot air out. Let cook till golden brown, take out, place on a big cookie sheet, sprinkle suger on them, and searve. They were a nice treat to have as a child growing up in Czech Culture. The Best. 8) 8)
    I would like to make this for my kids.
    Dekuji, Na shledanou

2. meluzina

meluzina Well-Known Member

to me it sounds like it could have been boží milosti - the process sounds similar...
    this is one recipe i found on the net - i don't have my mother's recipes unfortunately

cukr
    olej
    sůl
    rum 1 lžíce
    žloutek 3 ks
    smetana 1 lžíce
    mouka hladká 150 g
    cukr moučka

sugar
    oil
    salt
    1 tablespoon rum
    3 egg yolks
    1 tablespoon sweet cream
    150 grams flour (my mother used all-purpose for this type of flour in the u.s.)
    powdered sugar

Mix the flour with egg yolks. Add a pinch of salt and a bit of sugar. Flavor with the rum and mix with the cream. Knead until you have a smooth dough that doesn't stick (add flour as necessary). Let the dough rest in a cool place for about an hour. Role out thin sheet on a floured board. Using cutter or small knife, cut out different shapes (rectangles or triangles are the best). Cut a small slit in the middle. Fry in hot oil (tou can use a deeper pan or a frier) until golden brown. Let excess oil drain off then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

3. meluzina

meluzina Well-Known Member

to me it sounds like it could have been boží milosti - the process sounds similar...
    this is one recipe i found on the net - i don't have my mother's recipes unfortunately

cukr
    olej
    sůl
    rum 1 lžíce
    žloutek 3 ks
    smetana 1 lžíce
    mouka hladká 150 g
    cukr moučka

sugar
    oil
    salt
    1 tablespoon rum
    3 egg yolks
    1 tablespoon sweet cream
    150 grams flour (my mother used all-purpose for this type of flour in the u.s.)
    powdered sugar

Mix the flour with egg yolks. Add a pinch of salt and a bit of sugar. Flavor with the rum and mix with the cream. Knead until you have a smooth dough that doesn't stick (add flour as necessary). Let the dough rest in a cool place for about an hour. Role out thin sheet on a floured board. Using cutter or small knife, cut out different shapes (rectangles or triangles are the best). Cut a small slit in the middle. Fry in hot oil (tou can use a deeper pan or a frier) until golden brown. Let excess oil drain off then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

4. The Animal

That sounds correct, I forgot some of the process of how to make them.

Dekuji, Na shledanou 8) 8)

5. The Animal

I spoke with a real dobrě friend of mine today about Boží milosti today.
    Ja was wondering :roll: jak hot is the cooking oil susposed to be ? :roll:
    Děkuji, jsem ne cook :lol: :lol:

6. The Animal

:idea: :roll: I looked at the stove and it is just a dial to turn to adjust your heat settings so, that would make it hard to answer a question. Vím if it is too hot and the oil cathes on hoří then it is too hot. :lol: :lol: :lol: Děkuji everyone, I will just have to play with the heat. :lol: :roll: