Czech Money

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by Mikeska, May 21, 2004.

1. Mikeska

Mikeska New Member

My oldest had a class project where the students provided as much info as possible and examples about the origin of their ancestors. Our ancestors are from Moravia and we had some decent items for him to take to class. Now our 2nd child will have to do the same project next year and he wants money from the CZ to add to the project. I have tried money exchanges all over and am told that no one locally handles it.

So, I am wondering if some one could arrange sale of small denominations from the CZ? Will pay shipping and margins on exchange rate. Would also like references.

Or suggestions on how to resolve or obtain! Thanks.

2. Blake76

Blake76 Member

When I went to Prague in March, I asked my local (U.S.) bank to order koruna for me, but I don't remember if I had to order a minimum amount to do this....(i.e., I don't know if they'd do it for, say, a $5 equivalent or less). So my advice would be to ask your bank, if you haven't already.
    I have leftover coins floating around somewhere, but I just moved and have no idea where they are......sorry! ;) Have fun with the project!

3. Sam

Sam Active Member

HI,

I'll help him out for his project, we're in Moravia, so have a think if there's anything else he wants.
    Email (sam@moraviantoys.com) me with you details and I'll send you over some change and anything else you think of.
    Happy to help.
    Cheers
    Sam

4. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member