Czech Republic was wonderful

Discussion in 'Culture' started by TexasLoneStar, Nov 10, 2004.

1. TexasLoneStar

TexasLoneStar New Member

Just returned from 8 day visit to Prague. What an amzing city! I almost quit my job and stayed there!!

More importantly, and whi i ask you all's advice, i met a beautiful Czech women who i have fallen in love with. We spent the week together and had an amazing time. I think we both realized after i returned that we couldnt continue the relationship so far apart, especially because she unfortunately has a boyfriend.

Once i returned i received an email from her and we wrote each other for 2 weeks. Its obvious we both our in love, or something like that given the short time frame. We have expressed our feelings to each other. Unfortunately she is scared of the uncertainty of leaving her boyfriend for someone she spent only one week with, which i can understand completely, but if she loves me, like she says, i wish she could be brave and courageous and act on it, i know i would.

Anyways, we were both distraught with the distance between us and the fact that she has a boyfriend led me to decide that even though it breaks my heart, i could make her happier in the long run by letting her go and allowing her to return to her normal life, where in time i would hope she could get past us and be happy again.

I told her all this last week and have not wrote her since. She has not wrote either. Have i made the right decision? Should i have tried harder? I dont want to be a relationship wrecker, but i love her and cant imagine the next 50 years without her!!

I would appreciate any advice. Especially from Czech women or men who understand relationship dynamics in Czech Republic, which i apparently do not.

Thanks!

2. Sam Chen

Sam Chen Member

Hi Texas,

It's nice to have such an amazing experience with a nice woman when you were on travel. However, in my opinion, should you leave the passion aside for a while and think about this seriously? Maybe you did, so you wrote the last letter to her to release her back to the normal life she used to have. I am not saying you are blind with falling in love with her but you can have more other views on this.

I understand what you feel 'cause my Czech girlfriend is somewhere in Asia and away from me now. I met her two months ago and we had really good times. Of course I thought about quitting jobs and travelling with her before she was gone. I really like her though (I wouldn't say "I love her" for simply with her by two months. It takes more time and efforts to say the significant word from the bottom of my heart.), I also have my own life here. You're not going to change whole your life for one person ~ especially when you are under some extreme emotion. We both do care about each other and agree to that the best way is not making a 180 degree turn for getting into life of either of us.

It's not easy to say if you made a right decision. The one who knows the answer is nobody else but yourself. You can finish it now and have some good memories; you can keep in close touch with her and expect to meet her again in her or your country or anywhere else. Before you decide what to do, you should ask yourself some questions to collect some handy clues to make the decision. Why she is so attractive to you? Do you have any ideas, hobbies, characteristics in common? She is far away from you and still in a relationship with someone else. If you're looking for some exotic, short-term passion, absolutely it takes too much work to make it happen. On the other hand, if she really has some features capture your soul, try your best to let her know your resolution and endless affection for her.

In my case, I chose the "middle way." My girl and me still keep on the pace for our own lives repectively ~ she keeps travelling around and I won't live somewhere else until I finish my college in two years. On this stage neither of us is ready for remaining a relationship but we have set up certain firm connection between our minds. Accordingly, it doesn't matter that much if we can stay with each other everyday. If I went with her or she stayed here for me, someday in the future when we had some problems with each other, we would regret for having made a wrong decision. It's not very bad to make wrong decisions but I hate to regret for that. I just start learning Czech and get into it a lot. At the first place she is the energy and motivation for me to do so. Yet, she isn't the only reason for me doing this. I'll visit her next winter in Czech and I am thinking the possibility to live in the country in the future. I have some other reasons to move there so that even at the end we don't have a perfect ending I won't regret for that.

In the coming fifty years you will meet a lot of different people and so does she. Even if you can have her in you life now, you still have many other things to focus on in life. Loving someone is really an amazing feeling, definately. Yet don't forget to balance the proportion it posseses in whole of your life. Of course you can have dramatic romance in your life, but how about the other parts like friendship, career and self-expectation?

If you really care about her and cant forget about her, discuss your ideas about this with her. You'll always find some way working out. I think, somehow time and distance will make you more sure of that she or he is the one in your life. Like what my girl said, we'll see each other again if it's our karma. I do believe in this.

Good luck!

Sam