czech's rule

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by aaron, Jan 5, 2000.

1. aaron

aaron Guest

this past summer many czech's came to ocean city, maryland (near washington d.c.) for work and i had the honor to party with them. we had so much fun and i will go to brno to visit them in march. anyway, i just wanted to meet more czech people because even though i am an american, i think in a past life i was czech!

aaron

2. rjaquysh

rjaquysh New Member

aaron, i'm not czech but i agree, i think i must have czech ancestry.

i'm planning a trip to CZ this may.

Anybody who'd like to write me...DO IT!

use this bulletin board because my e-mail address is not very reliable.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I fully agree .
    Czech's do rule. My parents are Czech but I was born in South Africa. I am going to return to the mother country soon as I too feel very connected with the Czech way of thinking even though I never stayed there before. But love the culture and the people, they are the most sincere and helpful nation around.

4. aaron

aaron Guest

monica, jak se mas? this is the first time i have been on a computer in over 3 months. i just remembered this site and i thank you for replying to me. maybe you can mail me at baaronr@hotmail.com speak to you soon hopefully. aaron <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Monica Kyslinger:
    <B>I fully agree .
    Czech's do rule. My parents are Czech but I was born in South Africa. I am going to return to the mother country soon as I too feel very connected with the Czech way of thinking even though I never stayed there before. But love the culture and the people, they are the most sincere and helpful nation around. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

5. Czechme0ut

Czechme0ut New Member

Well, I am NOT sure what is with me and czech men....but I can spot them a MILE away...I havent dated one....YET....but I am looking forward to it.... [​IMG] any czech MEN in florida? I dont know what it is about them...but there is something there...
    Czechme0ut@aol.com

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, they are wonderful people. I met my best friend, maybe soul mate and he is from Czech Rep.

7. czechless

czechless Member

Hi Aaron...my name is Kristen, and just like you, I live in a beach community in Rhode Island and many Czechs come here every summer for work. There's a girl I know from Prague and her name in Hanka...she worked in Ocean City and perhaps you know her. I'm not sure about her surname, but with a name like Hanka...how could you forget. I became virtually best friends with about 5 Czechs over the years, and I visited CR 3 times since. I will be going again at the end of Februaury. Prague is definitly cool, but if you go, you should "czech out" Ceske Budejovice...cool party town. Also, Jablonec nad Nisou near to Liberec. My friends were so incredibly hospitable, and took care about me with every aspect of my visit....once you become friends with a Czech....trust me...it's for life!!! Good luck.....drop me an email...czech1212@hotmail.com

8. boltthrower1

boltthrower1 Member

Czech's rule what? Jesus's rules, whether you believe it or not.

9. hockeygirl_leafs07

hockeygirl_leafs07 Active Member

Jeebus?

10. idemtidem

idemtidem Well-Known Member

If you say something like that, you need to prove it. It's perfectly fine to say "I believe in this and that" but saying it's the only truth is...well, ridiculous. And this not a message board about religion so I don't see why you have a need to bring this subject up in a completely unrelated post.

11. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

"Czechs rule" is a figure of speech boltthrower1, as in "Czechs are great", "Czechs rock". Not to be taken literally.

12. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

And, by the way ...

It is not "Czech's rule," it is "Czechs rule." There is no apostrophe after "Czech" unless you are indicating possession or a contraction with "is" -- neither applicable in this case.

Susan

13. boltthrower1

boltthrower1 Member

Dana gets it.

And no, I dont have to prove anything Idemtidem. You'll find out for yourself someday, one way or another.

14. idemtidem

idemtidem Well-Known Member

First, I want to state that I don't want this to turn into a silly discussion about whether or not god exists. I just have to say that you do have to prove it to be able to state it the way you did unless your intention is to deliberately bug people.

15. boltthrower1

boltthrower1 Member

I seriously doubt your interested in proof. However, if and when your ready, set up a forum at your leisure and invite me, so we dont turn this room into a silly discussion,(like it needed help, czech's rule, right!) and be prepared to spend at least 24 hours in the forum, which should be more than ample time for me to in fact provide the proof you seek.

16. airotciv

airotciv Member

17. ceskynemec

ceskynemec New Member

@airotciv: well... there are alot of nice guys out there who are not American :)
    But i have to say that i have alot of good friends in the US too - my best greetings to Memphis (ACSA Cotton-group 2001) !!!

18. boltthrower1

boltthrower1 Member

thaaaats about what I figured. throw out the challenge and the week run.

19. czechless

czechless Member

boltthrower1,
    don't fool yourself...jesus thinks you suck too.

20. zaner

zaner Active Member

One thing I really like about Prague is the fact that the Christian religion exists if you are so inclined, but it is not being rammed down your throat at every turn like it is here in the Bible-Belt! (Southern U.S.) :lol: Grow up man! It's a great big world. I know because I've been all the way around it! I've been to places where people wouldn't know Jesus if they tripped over him and they do just fine that way. If Jesus is the way you find reason in a complicated world, fine, but I don't need to know about it.
    Peace out!