Gift ideas for Czech teens

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by Jessie, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Jessie

Jessie New Member

I will soon be visiting the Czech Republic and need some gift ideas for teens. What do the teenagers there really want from the states? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Karel

Karel Well-Known Member

Hi Jessie,

I tend to think that teeny boppers are pretty much the same all around the world. They like music and clothes. Speaking for myself, I`d buy anything within reason so that the present doesn`t cause embarrassment and doesn`t ruin the family by having to give you a present of a similar price in return. A book will always remain a good choice. Lots of Czech kids study English, so it could be anything from dictionaries to pulp fictions. For adults, I`d go for some souvenirs that are peculiar to the city I live in. Czechs are in the habit of putting their souvenirs on display in their living rooms. Basically, a tiny statue of liberty will certainly do, no matter where you from.

I hope others add more

All the best

Karel

3. Jessie

Jessie New Member

Karel,

Thanks for your response! You are right, all teenagers are pretty much the same. I just didn't know if there was something that was highly sought after from the states that they would not be able to get in the Czech Republic. Also, good point about not spending too much, I don't think it will be a problem as they are family but I wouldn't want to put them in a tough situation.

Thanks again,

Jessie

4. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

Jessie,

How about computer games for the teens? My 10 year old nephew is fond of flying WWII aircrafts. Cowboy boots are impressive and very appreciated.

Eva