Hey foreigners, do you like kofola?

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by fabik317, May 31, 2005.

1. thebig C

thebig C Well-Known Member

Hey Pedro 1974,

Many thanks for your reply! :D I had actually thought of trying the Czech Inn. :oops: I have been there once or twice but that was before I was looking for Kofola! I live in Tallaght and I work in a different part of town so Czech Inn is awkward to get to, but now, I will definately be visiting soon! :)

I tried 2 East European shops in Tallaght and several others in the City Centre with no luck. Mostly they stock Polish and Lithuanian products. It is strange though, I myself know 3 Czechs in Tallaght alone, so there must be many more who want to buy their own foods! :wink:

Anyway, thanks again for your help! :D

2. harryl

harryl Member

si there a sugar free for diabetics :?:

3. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

as of last February, yes!

4. harryl

harryl Member

thanks glenn i will try it :lol:

5. thebig C

Well, I finally tried Kofola. I had it in the Czech Inn, in Dublin. I think they have it on draught, but I could be wrong.

I have to say I quite liked it. Although I generally like most Cola-ish drinks, even unusual ones like Dr Pepper. :D

I terms of taste and vis-a-vis Coca Cola....Kofola is more watery, but at the same time its alot sweeter to the point of being slightly bitter. I definately detected a slightly, herby or aniseedy after-taste.

Overall, I would pre-fer Coca Cola, but, I could definately live on Kofola! :wink:

6. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Sometimes because it simply is watered by purpose :)

7. thebig C

Do you mean the bar did that on purpose? I thought they only did that to vodka! :D

Maybe my glass was just a bit flat?

8. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but sometimes Kofola on draught seems to taste less Kofola-like... I mean - mixed with water.

9. thebig C

Yeah, I know what you mean. Its the same in some restaurants when Coke of Pepsi are on tap. :)

When I was on a tram a few days ago I saw a girl with a bottle of Kofola! Maybe I should have asked her where she bought it.....I have looked in several shops and I can never find it! :(

10. thebig C

Well, I found a Slovak shop, near where I saw that girl on the Tram. Very isolated location.

I bought a 2 litre bottle of Kofola. I still think its not as fizzy, plus on inspection a bitter/sweet almost licorice taste. I liked it but I am still a Coke guy! :)

The shop also sold a drink made from Grapes??? I might try that next time.

11. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

I took some Kofola back to Canada on my visit to see my parents. My dad took one smell of Kofola, and didn't even try it. :lol: At least my mom took a small sip...

To be fair, I didn't like Kofola when I first tried it. :)

12. pedro1974

pedro1974 Well-Known Member

no man!
    never copa copa! :wink:
    for me its question of local vs glabal, and I'll always support local.

kofola, should be drunk without ice, in my opinion, with a lemon slice.

13. jen

jen Well-Known Member

That's TopTopic (or Top&Topic) - can't stand that stuff either!!

14. thebig C

Well, I will give it a shot to see if I can't stand it either!! :D

15. thebig C

Hey my old friend Pedro! How are you?? Thanks for the tip about the CzechInn! :) I am not a beer or Kofola man....but I tried this Czech Gin (Gin is my drink) and it was great!! :D :D

16. pedro1974

pedro1974 Well-Known Member

hi dude, glad u like it.
    actually, sorry for the OT, i'm not enjoying the beer in dublin(even in czech inn), looking forward original and more healthy czech beer

17. thebig C

Yeah I know what you mean about Dublin. You going to Cz?

18. thebig C

Hey Jen

I got that grape drink, its called Vinea. It is very nice :D

C

19. jen

jen Well-Known Member

I went to a restaurant over the weekend that had Kofola on tap - tastes far better that way, but I still wouldn't drink a whole glass of it :)

20. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I would :) I have to find a shop here in London where they sell it... :)