Hey foreigners, do you like kofola?

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by fabik317, May 31, 2005.

1. thebig C

thebig C Well-Known Member

I tried it on draught first, and I found it more flat and watery. But it was nicer that way :eek:

2. thebig C

Well if I could find it in Dublin......they must have it in London :) When I was searching for Kofola and Czech brown bread, I came accross a UK website that sold Czech things....to shops in the Uk. I will try find it for you :D

3. roxelanne

roxelanne New Member

Actually I have not liked kofola.It was terrible for me.But also I haveCzech firends hate its taste

4. thebig C

Yeah, the Czech person I know didn't seem that mad on Kofola! :eek:

5. Jaybob

Jaybob Member

firstly I would'nt compare it to cola as I think it has a completely different taste all of its own BUT I actually prefer Kofola to cola and as an example recently brought 20 2Ltr bottles of it back to Holland with me :)

Not so keen on the new sugar free one mind but will still drink it if there is nothing else. :D oh yeah, It also tastes better if you can get it on tap in a bar or restarant.

6. thebig C

Hey Alexx

The Czech online store is called potraviny.co.uk . I think they deliver. They also have a list of shops the supply to! They have Kofola :)

7. thebig C

I think you are correct. Comparing it with Cola is not really like with like. It is very distinctive. It is just that it is always portrayed as Communist Czechoslovakias alternative to Coca Cola and Pepsi. Although I think it is less so the East Germanys....Club Cola??

8. asmithnc

asmithnc Member

I got the chance to try Kofola. Its ok but the pivo is so much better.

9. taja

taja Member

Firs time when I tried kofola, I was really disappointed. I thought it will have taste similar to coca-cola, but it didnt...

But, after some time, I got used to drink kofola, and now its my favorite drink after long night in clubs :D

10. Averell

Averell Active Member

sorry, but kofola is really not my thing. :?

11. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Vyprošťovák :)

12. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Does the UK not count? :)

13. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I really didn't get your answer. :)

14. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

I cesta může být cíl.

2008 - Spain, Albania+Kosovo, Morocco
    2009 - India, Himalayas
    2010 - West of the US (hopefully)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

UK last year was more about the goal then the journey. :)

On the other hand, I am planing to go to London some weekend in February/March to do some shopping :).

But OK, my full list from last years:

2006 - London, Stonehenge
    2007 - Ukraine (Chernobyl); Bulgaria-Turkey(Istanbul, Ankara)-Serbia-Macedonia-Greece; Paris-London; Tenerife (CI, Spain);
    2008 - Spain (Calalonia)-France (Languedoc)-Andorra, Bulgaria-Turkey (Istanbul, Troy)-Kosovo-Albania-Italy (Rome-Naples-Pompey), UK (London-Hastings-Brighton), Morocco (Marrakech-Fez)
    2009 to be - Italy (Tuscany), Lithuania&Latvia, India&Himalayas
    2010 to be - West of the US (5000+ m roadtrip)

For those able to read czech logs from two of my trips:

Ukraine (Chernobyl) 2007
    Morocco 2008

And in the last line please let me say I like Kofola again :) so this post is not such off topic :)

16. Torgut

Torgut Active Member

Well, this topic is a little old, but if people are still interested in individual opinion, here goes mine: I don't hate the drink, but when I'm in a rare mood to have a Coke drink, I would go for a Coke-Cola or Pepsi before I get one Kofola. Odds for its consumption are low in my case. I think I had it three times.

17. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

I really want to try it but I can't stand soft drinks. :( I must bite the bullet. I must assimilate myself into Czech culture!

18. thebig C

Well, last week I bought a small bottle of Kofola and gave some to my parents to try for the first time. Both prefered it to Coke because they found it less sweet!!!

19. CyanideOverkill

CyanideOverkill New Member

Yeah, it tastes awesome. People here in Poland literally swarm just to buy a 1 liter bottle. The chances of buying kofola here is very small so we either order online or go to czech/slovakia
    Some people confuse kofola with root beer. which i dont get why.

20. CyanideOverkill

CyanideOverkill New Member

oh wait this conversation was 12 years ago-