Hi...I'm new

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dianne, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Ahoj! I'm new to the message boards. I am trying to learn Czech on my own and am finding it to be very challenging. I have been unable to find anyone to tutor me, and no one speaks Czech around here. I've got many dictionaries, textbooks, CDs, etc....does anyone have any suggestion as to where I can find someone who would be willing to do live chat or meet in person?

Děkují

Dianne

2. HI Dianne, there are thousands of CZechs living in Illinois, esp. in Chicagoland area. How far is it for you??? :wink:

3. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Thanks for your response!

I'm in Springfield, IL which is about 3 1/2 hours southwest of Chicago. It's a long boring drive, but I'd be willing to make the trip if I could find someone willing to tutor me for several hours at a time, especially on a weekend day. Do you know of anyone who might be interested?

Thank you!!

Dianne

4. mariposablanca

mariposablanca Active Member

Take a look at meetup.com. They have groups that meet in Chicago and you might be able to find one closer to you too. It's a group of native czech speakers and czech students to get together and chat. Sounds like it might be right up your alley. I'm joining a spanish group and really looking forward to it. I found a group that meets 2 towns away, about a 30 minute drive.

5. Dianne

Dianne New Member

I feel so silly! I belong to a couple of other groups through Meetup.com and I didn't even think about looking for a Czech group there!! Thank you so much for the suggestion...I'll let you know what I find!!

Dianne