Hotel Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by stevieg, Oct 11, 2005.

1. stevieg

stevieg New Member

Does anyone have any good hotel suggestions for the centre of Prague, fairly cheap (maybe less than £80 per night for the room) perhaps near Wencelas Square or nearby?

Also does anyone know of any interesting shops selling antiques, ornaments or toys etc off the beaten track?

2. magan

magan Well-Known Member

If you are concerned about the cost (it is very high for hotel in centre), look for anywhere on street car/Metro. Public transportation is very good, fast and when you buy pass very inexpensive. You can also look for anytning in Praha 1 or Praha 2 as it is basically "centre" you can walk. Wenceslaw sq. is not exactly the place I would chose to stay at night.

3. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

As Magan said, hotels in the outskirts of Prague and to the Metro (subway) are much cheaper, for example hotel in Prague 9, where are live (few steps from metro station Rajská Zahrada) cost around 41 pounds per night (with breakfast). And you can go to the centre by metro (it will not take more than 25 minutes).

4. sean

sean New Member

Information
    I am going to prague in november for my first visit and stopping at the st george hotel on Tyrsova can anyone tell me what the area is like