How do I get from Lazenska to Na Okaji?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by MarianCorwin, Apr 26, 2006.

1. MarianCorwin

MarianCorwin Member

I saw that y'all were so very helpful to another person, rrc i believe :?: , in regards to getting from place to place without feeling too lost...so I wanted to throw out my little dilemma if at all possible :wink:
    I am coming to Prague for a study abroad program, I will arrive between June 5-10 and I am attending the Anglo-americka vysoka skola.

The address for this is: Lazenska 4, 118 00, Praha 1.

My accomodations are at: Na okaji 381/41, 162 00, Praha 6.

So my questions are mostly concerning how I can find the second address on a map of Prague...I have purchased a couple that claim to be comprehensive, I have also searched online using the hostel's website...but I cannot find Na Okaji...I assume that this is the name of the street, but no matter what I do I cannot find it...

I am starting to get a little bit worried about all of this, I have never been out of the country, or even travelled on my own at all! I do not want to spend too much for taxis or metro or any of these other forms of transit that Im not used to, but I also don't want to get lost and pickpocketed!
    O goodness! I'm gonna cry :cry:

ok, just kidding, but if y'all could help me a little that would be sooo great! Thanks
    Marian

2. Zeisig

Zeisig Well-Known Member

3. mike_jtw

mike_jtw Well-Known Member

Hiya Marian

The reason you can't find Na okraji on your map of Prague is that it is just off the standard City Guide to the West between Veleslavin and Břevnov if you can find Na Petřinach and then travel west and then use the link which Zeisig gave http://www.dp-praha.cz/idos/ConnForm.aspx?tt=pid&cl=E5 , and when you get link type in Na okraji at from and click on Map it will give you the street you need and hopefully you will be able to find your bearings. :D

Mike

4. mike_jtw

mike_jtw Well-Known Member

5. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

I like Mapy.cz. Just paste Na okraji 381/41 into the search box at www.mapy.cz and click Hledej. The map shows the name of tram stops and the tram numbers. You can also find nearby restaurants, bankomats, pharmacies, etc.

6. MarianCorwin

MarianCorwin Member

Thank You!!! Y'all have provided me with alot of additional resources, if I can't find my way now I think I'll have no excuse :D One thing though, would it be safe to say that I can take either tram #18 or tram #56 to go to and from the hostel, on Na okraji, and the school (AAVS), on Lazenska? This may seem like a stupid question, but I have never in my life used these types of transportation, in Memphis we don't have subways or trains or barely even a reliable bus system!
    Also, do any of you know the area that Na okraji is in? Is this a good place for me to spend my free time, or should I go more into the central city, like around the school in mala strana? I don't want to get caught up in the touristy part of prague, i want to experience it on my own time without feeling rushed or nervous... :?