Kasparek / Budinek

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by rkasparek, Mar 30, 2006.

1. rkasparek

rkasparek Well-Known Member

Looking for information relating to Kasparek & Budinek.

My Grandfather:
    Vincent Edward Kasparek, b 23 Mar 1878, in Zlin, Moravia, Austria Hungary.

My Grandmother:
    Mathilda Budinek, b 04 Jul 1883, in Velka nad Velickou, Moravia, Austria Hungary

Emigrated to the United States of America from Bremen Germany aboard the vessel Kaiser Wilhelm. Departed 27 Feb 1905, arrived New York, NY 13 March 1905.

As near as I can tell, Vincent's father was Vincenc Kasparek, and his mother was Maria Kopriva.
    Also Mathilda's Father was Martin Budinek, her mother may have been Antonia Shilhanek.

I cannot find any information relating to the Czech side of the 'pond'. Any ideas/help would be appreciated!!
    :)

2. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

A quick look on the online phone book listed almost 20 Kašpárek's (fem: Kašpárková) in Zlín and about 50 total in the Zlín region. I couldn't find any Budínek's/Budínková's (maybe they just don't have telephones) in the region. Velká nad Veličkou (ironically enough) is a small village about 20km S of Zlín on the Slovak border.

Your grandfather's name probably was originally Vincenc (perhaps the middle name was added later, as middle names were not common among Czechs in those times). Your grandmother's names was probably spelled Matylda Budínková (Czech's have different forms of the surname for women and men). The other names in Czech are Kopřiva (Kopřivová), Antonína, and Šilhánek (Šilhánková).