memory key?

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by anu, Apr 21, 2005.

1. anu

anu Well-Known Member

okay. i'm going to prague, taking my notebook with me, no printer, but i'll have to print in prague.
    now i suppose, it will be no problem to find some printer (library, university) but how will i "transport" my stuff? i have no floppy disks. i think i'll buy one of these memory keys - will the kind i buy here work in the cr?

thank so much for your help!

(just to explain: my notebook is new, i used to work with floppy disk)

2. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

Can't imagine why a memory key (what some call a "flash drive") wouldn't work -- it's just a USB connection. Maybe someone who knows for absolutely sure can confirm this.

As an aside, you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll leave those old floppies behind when you move to a flash drive. They're wonderful!

Susan

3. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

Unless you buy something weird, that does not comply to USB 1.1/2.0 specifications, I see no problem.
    To paraphrase the Armageddon movie - American flash disks, Czech flash disks - they are all made in Taiwan :)

If you have any doubt, you can always buy the thing here. A 128 MB, USB 2.0 type costs about 500,- CZK (cca 20,- USD).

4. anu

anu Well-Known Member

thank you - i'll buy one of these marvellous things in prague...

5. anu

anu Well-Known Member

just couldn't wait till prague and bought one of these --- you were right, susan, they're GREAT!!