NIBIRU Are you ready? The earth as we know it will change

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Animal, Dec 16, 2007.

1. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

The explanation was not acutally the picture; but the scriptural reference that denotes the New Jerusalem. I just didn't want to type it out and that website was the first site found that quotes those scriptures so I posted that link so one can read the scriptural context of the New Jerusalem.

Since this religious discussion is of a scientific nature, I wonder if Sova has any input.

P.S. still promising to watch those videos asap. Things are busy at the office (and home) around the holidays and I only have a few minutes to get on this site. sorry Animal, I really am interested.

2. czechchris

czechchris Well-Known Member

Ah, I see, dzurisova.

Apologies for my obtuseness there. :oops:
    Now I understand why you posted it. :D
    (The picture is misleading, however, in my opinion.)

3. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Exactly, I look forward to Sova's scientific approach to cubic planets and dragons, who destroy stars, too.

And I have still plenty of popcorn, thank you for asking :)

4. dzurisova

I've found if you order slivovice rather than coke, czech's are more open to discuss religion. :wink: :)

5. dzurisova

In watching the video’s, a couple of them appeared to focus more on astrology, the study that assumes and attempts to interpret the influence of the heavenly bodies on human affairs, rather than astronomy, the science that deals with the material universe beyond the earth's atmosphere (see dictionary.com)

Although astronomy and science in general can contribute to religion by offering evidence for beliefs, the study of astrology merits a biblical warning:
    Isaiah 47:13-14 All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you. Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the power of the flame. Here are no coals to warm anyone; here is no fire to sit by.
    Jeremiah 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

However, other videos appear to focus on astronomy. To them, I point out these verses:

Luke 21:25 25"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.
    Joel 2:10 Before them the earth shakes, the sky trembles, the sun and moon are darkened, and the stars no longer shine.
    Joel 3:15 The sun and moon will be darkened, and the stars no longer shine.
    Ezekiel 32:7 When I snuff you out, I will cover the heavens and darken their stars; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon will not give its light.
    Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days” 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

In my strong Christian faith, I trust that true science only provides evidence of God’s truth. Hypotheses that negate the truth of God are false hypotheses. After all, trust is trust! One can place their trust in a scientific hypothesis or one can place their trust in God’s Word; both are practicing faith, it is simply where one places one’s faith. I place my faith in the Word of God. That being said, I turn to the Word of God to determine the signs and prophesies of the end coming, mostly Mathew 24 and the books of Isaiah, Daniel, Ezekiel & Revelation.

Perhaps this planet crashing Nibiru may be true science; but it may be a bunch of nonsense. Nibiru may be the actual way God acts out the future events written about in His Word or perhaps it’s a made up conspiracy theory. It doesn’t really matter to me. What matters is what the Word of God says about the end times, because that is where I place my faith.

Perhaps those with a scientific interest may see these videos, take interest in the end times. study the Word of God in pursuit of an answer, and thus find salvation. Should that be the case, then they become great evangelistic tools. But at this point, I can’t possibly view these videos as anything more than a step toward a possible evangelistic tool.

6. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

snuff you out.....is really a phrase from the bible?

pass the goobers.

7. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Just for curiosity. Do you believe that there are some scientific facts, not only hypothesis? For example, now you you are sitting at computer and you are connected to world network of computers. Do you believe, that there are some scientifict facts, on which foundation your computer and network works?

Or you beleve that all, what you see is only dependable on God's will and everything else, everything what isn't exactly by God's words (these words are from book written by fallible people, who only imperfectly listened to Him, aren't?) isn't reliable and ther isn't need to follow it.

8. czechchris

Well said. As a side note to this, the Magi often depicted at this time of year, were in all probability astrologers, and therefore not sent by God. The fact that their visit resulted in mass murder of children, and a timely escape for Jesus and his parents by God's direction, would seem to confirm this.
    The apocalyptic prophecies are extremely difficult to understand. Indeed, even straightforward prophecy is often not understood until after its fulfillment. The disciples realised as events took place, or afterwards, that they were the fulfillments of Messianic prophecies. Jesus himself explained to them before his arrest that things had to happen a certain way in order for prophecy to be fulfilled.
    The real thing to do is follow Jesus' instruction and "Be watching, then! for you have no knowledge on what day your Lord will come." remembering that not even he knows the day or hour, but only the Father.

Zephaniah 2:3. Seek the LORD, all you humble of the land, you who do what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the LORD's anger.

I realise these words were directed to dzurisova, but to clarify my position: yes, there are scientific facts; there are also hypotheses. It is unfortunate that sometimes these are confused.
    I would also question the assumption which you made that the words written in the Bible were in some way suspect, because the writers only imperfectly listened to God. Have you some evidence for this?

9. eso

eso Well-Known Member

I have no evidence for it and no evidence against it. So i have to consider both possibilities as equal (it's not exactly like that, because it requires accept theory, that there is God etc.., but for the sake of argument...).

But, well, they were people. And aren't all people imperfect? :)

But there is another thing I see as problem.
    The New Testament was originally written in ancient Greek, wasn't it?
    Now, even here on this site you can see, how difficult is sometimes translate some phrases from English to Czech and vice versa. And these are languages form same time period and we have native speakers and dictionaries and internet.

How you could be sure that over centuries, when many translated these words from language to langauage, different people with different level of language knowledge and with their our agendas... How you could be sure, that todays result is at least approximately similar to these ancient 27 books? (New testament was't united to one book several centuries after.)

For example, even name "New Testament" is today different in Czech and English! In Czech it's "Nový zákon" - New Law.

By the way - I have only catholic bible at home, but protestant version is supposedly different. Which one is right? :)

10. czechchris

Your initial response is quite fair; yes, the writers were human and imperfect, and to impute total accuracy to their writings presupposes the existence of God. The Bible makes no apology for this, but states that it was God who guided the writing of the Bible so that mistakes, contradictions etc do not appear in it.
    The fact that roughly 40 men from diverse backgrounds (kings, shepherds, agricultural labourers, fishermen, a lawyer etc) over a period of 1600 years could produce such an amazing book with a single theme running through it argues strongly that it is not of mere human origin.

The New Testament was indeed written in the common Greek of the first Century; however your model of a continuous series of translations, each working on the translation which preceded it, is misleading.
    The Catholic church kept the Bible confined to the (now) dead languages of Greek and Latin and actively prevented translation into the vernacular. Reformers like Wycliffe, Tyndale, Hus, Luther fought and some died in order that we might read the scriptures in our own languages. The texts from which they translated were sometimes quite late texts, but were the best they had available at the time. Over time, more complete older texts have been discovered, (Sinaitic, Alexandrine {4th century}) and augmented by thousands of smaller fragments (some dating back to very close to the original date of authorship), which have enabled modern scholars to more fully understand the ancient original writings, to the extent that we now have the Bible in accurate translations into our own languages. Not just the plethora of documents, but the increased study of these ancient languages has produced the accuracy we now have.

Of course, the term New Testament is not universally used. Some translators prefer to use terms such as Greek Scriptures (to differentiate from those written in Hebrew and Aramaic).

One reason the Catholic Bible differed from the Protestant one, was that the catholic Bible was originally translated from a translation in Latin (Vulgate) whereas the Protestant translated from the Greek received text (Stephanus). Neither was particularly accurate as later discoveries have shown, but by looking at translations and older manuscripts it has been possible to determine an accurate Greek text, and modern translations differ very little.

I am sorry to digress from the original topic, but I felt that the questions you raised were worthy of discussion in the current context.

11. dzurisova

Eso, I'm smiling because I thought of you when I wrote it, knowing that you would respond to it. :) Isn't it great when your friends (whether online or personal) are dependable. :)

Yes I believe there are some scientific facts but that those facts do not negate God's word. If they do, either they are mistaken as facts and only hypotheses or the one noting the negation is misinterpreting God's word.

I just want to clarify your question since I'm not sure I understand it. It seems you are asking if I only believe in what is written in God's Word and if it is not in His Word then do I not believe in it? If that is what you asking then I would respond by saying no. I believe God's word to be the ultimate truth. However, there are things that I also believe that may not be written in God's word such as "Martin has brown eyes" (to make things simple) or my MP3 player has 2 GB. However, in my faith in the infallible Word of God, I can not believe that anything that negates the Word is true. Therefore, for argument's sake, let’s say that the Word claimed that my MP3 player did not have 2 GB. Well I must believe the maker of the MP3 player is wrong or that God's Word is wrong. I would believe God's word over the maker of the MP3 player. Make sense?

Once again, faith plays a major role. My faith holds to the belief that God inspired the authors and by his perfect will made sure that His word was written without mistake. After all, it is His letter to us therefore, when choosing those to write his Word, He would have chosen willing vessels that allow Him lead them completely. In leading these willing men of God, He would make sure they wrote it exactly as He would have it be written.

As far as dealing with different translations, I hold to these scriptures:

2 Timothy 2:15 Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved, a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing the Word of Truth.

Psalm 34:10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.

Proverbs 28:5 Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things.

Psalm 37:23 The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way;

So if I delight in God's ways, diligently seek Him, and earnestly study His Word, I can trust by Faith that God will order my steps and lead me to correct translations and warn me of a translation that has not been guided by His hand. I'm not blind to the fact that there may be some crazy freak out there writing a translation of the bible that may not be at all inspired by God. But I hold to the truths above that we are God's children and if a mere man cares for his young, how much more does God care for us and will lead us and direct us in the right path as long as we allow him to do so (which brings a whole new discussion of free will). :)

12. dzurisova

Scrimshaw, here are some alternate versions of Ezekiel 32:7

King James Version
    And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.

American Standard Version
    And when I shall extinguish thee, I will cover the heavens, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give its light.

English Standard Version
    When I blot you out, I will cover the heavens and make their stars dark;
    I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give its light.

13. dzurisova

Eso, one more thing. When looking into a translation of the Bible, the Bible will identify (either in front or back) from what manuscripts the translations were taken.

Therefore, when I said "if I diligently seek the Lord and earnestly study" I'm speaking of the Christian's responsibility to look into the translation rather than blindly accepting it. And at the same time as looking into it, the Christian must trust by Faith that God is leading him/her to the answer as He promised He would do in Psalm 34:10 & Psalm 37:23.

14. czechchris

Would that it were so simple. Not all translations are explicit in this regard, although often the preface or introduction may reveal more information. The methodology can also vary; word-for-word, thought-for-thought, etc. Some translations will aim for literality, assigning a word in the target language for a single word in the original, others will attempt to convey the idea without concern for literality.

for comparison purposes;
    Ezek. 32:7 New Life version:
    When I destroy you, I will cover the heavens and make the stars dark. I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon will not give its light.

The context of this text reveals that it was written concerning God's judgement on the Pharaoh of Egypt and his defeat by the Babylonians, so the imagery in that case was not a literal description of heavenly disturbances. The effect on the Egyptians was certainly as dark as if such had actually occurred.

But do we digress?

15. dzurisova

Yes, you are right, we have digressed from the original topic. Blame Eso :wink: :)

Perhaps all versions/books do not disclose such information (for example, I have one NIV that does and another NIV that does not), but the research tools are at our fingertips.

That's a matter of interpretation. One may say that it's only imagery, another may say it's a forshadowing of what is to come, another may say it's neither, and another may say it's both.

I think it's both given the context in Revelation and Mathew:

Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

Revelation 6:12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,

Revelation 8:12 The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

16. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

I love this thread, it is real dobrě.
    We all agree so far, that only one person knows when the end will come, Our Father in Heaven GOD.

I look forward to seeing all of you in heaven :!: :wink: :)

17. The Animal

one word about the thread, it went the way God wanted it to go :wink: :wink:

18. The Animal

In the end times there are susposed be, wars, rumors of war, famin, dieses, ETC.ETC.
    In the Bible it says that Nations will be against Nations. So we know there is going to be a big war. Russia is becoming a super power again. I remember Paster John Hagee http://www.jhm.org/ speaks about a big Bear, Alot of nations are susposed to attack Isreal.
    Here is a vidio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NXms_EV ... re=related The bible speaks about a big war. I know Russia will be involved in it. John Hagee was speaking about a big bear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiX26Jkb ... re=related

This is z the book of Daniel 10:11,9 Then the king of the North will invade the realm of the king of the South but will retreat to his own country. (10) His sons will prepare for war and assemble a great army, which will sweep on like an irresistible flood and carry the battle as far as his fortress. (11) Then the king of the South will march out in a rage and fight against the king of the North, who will raise a large army, but it will be defeated. (12) When the army is carried off, the king of the South will be filled with pride and will slaughter many thousands, yet he will not remain triumphant. (13) For the king of the North will muster anouther army, larger than the first; and after several years, he will advance with a huge army fully equiped.

Here is some for vidios to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L11PfHJG ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_YB2-19Z_c&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDJo05RG ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-NyKb3G ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GnwsJ2n ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWBA1n6D ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2FuGTp ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0sHdLh_ ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxBtc_Tu ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7tI3e6l ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy5Hxeme ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck6aji4b ... re=related

I will say it again, I do not think there is much time left here on earth a couple of years??????????? :wink: :wink:

19. czechchris

Which would seem to negate any suggestion of freedom of choice. Are our lives really so directed? I would hate to think so. It would make life not worth living.

20. czechchris

Goodness, that sound just like now, not future. Wars, disease, famine. Big war? We've had TWO "World Wars" already - how much bigger can you get?