Online czech courses

Discussion in 'General Language' started by MissHoyle, Jul 19, 2008.

1. MissHoyle

MissHoyle Member

Sorry if this question is inconvenient in any way to ask on this forum.

I've been looking for some good sites to learn czech for free, but so far- no dice. I need verb tables and their translation in english, mostly, but also important "facts" about czech grammar. Being a student I can't afford to by books here and there, and especially language - resources are among the most expensive where I live. :(

Thanks in advance.

Hoyle

Edit: Just thought I'd add that I do have a colloquial czech learning book and the tape to accompany it. :)

Are there any great differences between colloquial czech and everyday czech?

2. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Miss Hoyle
    This is an excellent site for learning Czech. The local lingo link is extensive. A great source and wikipedia, under Czech language.
    You will find lots of help on this Myczech site.
    That Colloquial Czech you mentioned is a good method. I use it too.
    Good luck

3. Tagarela

Tagarela Well-Known Member

Ahoj,

I don't know any good Czech course online. Perhaps there are some paid ones. Tables of declensions and some other grammar tips you can found if search well, but they alone aren't of big help.

Good luck with your Czech studies! I'm also a begginer on it =)

Na shledanou.:

4. zavorka

zavorka Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I guess there are useful posts in this forum, have you tried them?
    How do I start learning Czech?
    by mahrukh
    I gived away last year a book for english speaking on czech grammar and language, so I cant0 help in that way, but if you want to train your skill by web, or twitter, you are wlcome,
    of course speaking is much more funny and faster to learn,
    try and do your best

Miro