Oplatky . . . !!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bizkidd, May 26, 2005.

1. Bizkidd

Bizkidd New Member

I don't know if these wonderful things are found all over the czech republic - I didn't see any in prague, but while I was in luhucovice (excuse the spelling/lack of accents!) I tasted the most wonderful food! I think they were called Oplatky or something like that, and they are basially big round, plate sized wafers but you can have them flavoured - my favourite were the lemon ones! They are brilliant! Taste wonderful and should be available EVERYWHERE! he he he!
    Has anyone else tried these? Xxx b :lol:

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Oplatky you are talking about are available everywhere, just look for lázeňské oplatky (usually Mariánskolázeňské or Karlovarské, but Luhačovické are sold in Brno and Olomouc, too). In Karlovy Vary, Mariánské Lázně and Luhačovice (popular spa resorts), oplatky are sold on the stands on the promenades, warmed up - yummy!

3. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Pitty you didn't put your message into Food section.
    Great idea. I always bring boxes of Lazenske Oplatky (tradicni/traditional) back home as gifts. VERY popular gift, eveybody enjoys it.

Perhaps admin. of this web site can move this topic to appropriate spot? Lazenske oplatky is something everybody should try.