Planning on attending Charles University, First Faculty

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DrtoB, Oct 17, 2004.

1. DrtoB

DrtoB New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm an undergraduate student and planning on going to medical school at Charles University, First Faculty of Medicine in Prague in Fall 2006.

If anyone on this board is a student at this school I'd love to hear from you.

I do have some questions like how difficult is it to learn Czech and how do Czech's view African-American's.

Thanks,

-DrtoB

2. meisen

meisen New Member

I finished my studies at the 1st medical faculty in Prague about 4 years ago. It is probably most recognized faculty in the Czech republic, but according to me it is a little bit fossilized, with lots of memorizing and little practice. Nevertheless, there are lots of possible practise outside the school, if you are interested. At the 1st medical faculty, there are probably most of the foreign medical students in Prague. I lived in the student´s hostel and I got along with all of them wery well. If I studied again, I would gone to the 3rd medical faculty in Prague, maybe not as recognized as the 1st, but much smaller, in larger hospital, with generally better atmosphere. If you have any answers, don´t hesitate to write to martineisenberger@hotmail.com. Take care, Martin.