studying in Czech Rep

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Loz, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Loz

Loz Member

Hi I'm hoping to study in Prague next year and was wondering if anyone knows of any cheap accomodation in or close to Prague for students and also the international colleges available because I can only see Prague College and it seems a little expensive. :(

2. magan

magan Well-Known Member

This is not enough info. If you are studying at the University accommodation for students is available (and food inexpensively). I am not sure what and where (which school) you are thiking of going to and don't know why "international college" would be cheaper than Czech?
    Please elaborate so you can get clear answer.

3. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

You should also mention what kind of study (what major) you want. The Prague College you mentioned only offers majors on graphic design and business study. And from what I've seen their graphic design study doesn't worth the money, but that's just my personal opinion.

4. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Go to bed gementricxs :roll:

5. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Why we have both 23:00 if it is two hours later (sorry - wrong topic) :?

6. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

You're like my mum or what? :shock:

7. magan

magan Well-Known Member

....... just your fellow night owl. :wink:

8. Loz

Loz Member

I want to study computing and I was looking at a course offered in Prague College. It needs to be an international college because I can't speak fluent czech yet.

9. Ritchie

Ritchie New Member

Students' dormitory (koleje) is almost as expensive as living in a rented flat with mates. Cheap locations close to city center are Žižkov and Vršovice. If you rent a flat in a block-of-flats in uptown, the prices are even lower.

FEL ČVUT (Czech Technical University, Faculty of Electrical Engineering) and MFF UK (Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics) are well established universities teaching computer science in Prague. Unfortunatelly their study programs are thaught in Czech only. If there were at least few students who wanted to study in English it would be posiblle to open a paid study program in English, but for the only student it is unlikely.