The little Mole

Discussion in 'Culture' started by Anke, Aug 22, 2000.

1. Anke

Anke Well-Known Member

Did you know that krtecek (little mole) - the cute cartoon figure that was created by Zdenek Miler - is already about 40 years old?

Are the cartoons shown in your country, too?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I have heard of Krtecek but I have never actually seen the cartoon. I live in the States and I don't think the cartoon has ever been shown here. A friend of mine who is Czech is a big Krtecek fan and buys the books for her little kids.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know it was shown in Germany, because I talked about the show, krtecek's matchbox car and blue pants with my friend who lives there. Seems we have some common cultural experiences besides Karel Gott :)

4. Anke

Anke Well-Known Member

yeah, seems like we have... Unfortunately, we cannot buy those cute plush figures in Germany. Some of my friends would like to have one.

5. czechless

czechless Member

Hello...I live in the States and I have alot of Krtecek on disc, as well as downloaded to my files....anyone interested? No problem to email them to you...let me know...czech1212@hotmail.com

6. mauswurf

mauswurf New Member

I´m looking for fan stuff from the little mole.
    Please contact me : mauswurf@gmx.net

7. holger

holger Active Member

Hallo Anke,

es gibt die ominöse Zahl von "in über 80 Ländern". Das ist aber eine beliebte Verkaufsphrase in der Filmbranche. Mit 80 Ländern hat man nämlich alle größeren Länder abgedeckt. Welche das einzeln sind, weiß ich nicht, bzw. nur in 23 oder 24 Fällen (wo ich entweder Bücher oder Hinweise auf Ausstrahlungen entdeckt habe).

Ciao, Holger.

8. usak

usak Well-Known Member

hello czechless
    that would be great if you would email me one, id like to see one :lol:

my email is emcs31089@hotmail.com Thanks!

9. hawaiianchika

hawaiianchika Member

I am from the US but my aunt and uncle are missionaries in the Czech Republic. They've sent us videos of Krtek. I love it!!! The little animals are so cute!!! :) Not many ppl know about them though.

10. holger

holger Active Member

Where are you from the US there? Hawaii? Funky area to dig for our little mole... I think, he would never ever have thought to dig there ;)

11. bbchoice

bbchoice New Member

Did you know that Krtek was also very popular in China? I guess it has a lot to do with the close relationship between China and Czech back then, in the early-mid 80's. The Mole was one of the very few animated cartoons at that time. I was lucky because now the kids know only about Japanese comic.

In Germany the popularity of der Maulwurf has not faded. DVDs are still on the shelf in many videoshops.

I haven't not been to Czech but was in Bratislava for 4 days. At a sounenir kiosk on the main street I found and bought a small Krtek stuffed toy. I was so thrilled!

12. magan

magan Well-Known Member

For those who are going to Prague and are interested in buying Krtecek mug:

It is available at department store Kotva (Revolucni ul) in China/glass department (up the escallator). I was looking for something to bring back as souveniers and they have various pictures of Krtecek's activities on these mugs. I was able to buy one for each member of our family depending on their interests.

I have seen these mugs in tourist area, but much more expensive.

13. zjm

zjm New Member

Yes, it's popular in China when I was very young. Actually my imagination of Czech are all based on this animation. Sometimes a cartoon can act as a cultural ambassador, isn't that amazing?

We all love the little mole. It's so cute and let us have fun in the time we could only get access to very limited materials. And it still is even after 20 years. Looking back, it gave me so wonderful memory of my childhood. Thanks, Krtck!

I moved to U.S. recently. After the excitement of being in a new place, I became frustrated with the environment. I felt I am uprooted. I have to learn everything from the very beginning. And again, Krtck helped! I downloaded The Mole from www.verycd.com and watch it every day. I laugh without control, it's the happiest time. It cheered me up. Now I've past the "culture shock" period with the accompany of Krtck and attended ESL (English as Second Language) class. Life is again full of fun!

14. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Hi zjm,
    I visited web site you posted re krtecek, but "it's all Chinese to me". Are these free downloads?

15. zjm

zjm New Member