Train from Prague to Vienna

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Nat, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Nat

Nat New Member

I need to catch a train from Prague to Vienna.
    Does anyone know which train station this train departs from? Is it Praha Holesovice station?? How much does it cost for a 1 way ticket from Prague to Vienna? Two people will be going on this journey.

Any help would be great!
    Thanks

:D

2. JHERNST

JHERNST Member

I just did this trip on Apr 03. It cost 75.00 Economy or 109.00 First Class. I would buy my tickets in Prague. If it is around a holiday I would buy the tickets a few days in advance. It does leave from Holesovice (Sorry about the spelling). It takes 4 hrs 28 mins. The subway will take you directly to the station. Look at raileurope.com for schedules and times. Second button down on left hand side of webpage.

You have to walk about three blocks in Vienna to catch the subway. No big deal but the signs to it are non existent. Turn left out the front door and walk about 400 yards. There is construction going on with the sidewalk but just keep going to the left.

Have a great trip.

3. Nat

Nat New Member

Hi there

Thanks heaps for your help regarding what train to catch from Prague to Vienna. I just wanted to confirm that it was Holesovice train station in Prague to travel to Vienna (as there is another main train station in Prague). Now I just have to find accomodation near Holesovice train station.

Thanks for your advice!
    :D 8)

4. JHERNST

JHERNST Member

I can't help you with the hotel near the train station. I stayed near Old Town and the historic sites. The subway takes you from the main area to the train station in about 10-12 minutes. The subways run on time but are a little beat up. Have you looked at tripadvisor.com. ? They rank all priced hotels and have feed back from people that haved stayed there.

Have a great trip. I'll check the forum if you have any other questions.

5. vturchi

vturchi Well-Known Member

Hi Nat, as Jhernst said, the subway is excellent in Prague: so you won't have any problem with other hotels that are not so near to Holesovice station. Just be sure that the hotel is near to a subway station (the red line leads to Holesovice station in a short time). Have a nice holiday!