Translation, prosím

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by Nitra, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Nitra

Nitra Member

Ajoh

I'm going to Praha in about a fornight, and I'd like to be able to say:
    "I am a stupid foreigner, but I love your language and I wish I spoke more of it. Perhaps you could teach me?" I would probably only say the latter part of it to a hot guy, hehe :wink:

(I could of course say it auf Deutsch.....but that's not the point LOL)

2. amraam_7

amraam_7 Well-Known Member

male to male:
    Jsem debilni cizinec ale miluju vas jazyk a chtel bych jim mluvit. Mohl bys me ucit?

male to female:
    Jsem debilni cizinec ale miluju vas jazyk a chtel bych jim mluvit. Mohla bys me ucit?

3. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Well-Known Member

Hi,

Just one thing… I think that Nitra actually would like to have the female to male version… ;-)

Jsem hloupa cizinka ale miluju vas jazyk a chtela bych jim mluvit. Mohl bys me ucit?

Also I wouldn't use the word "debilni" as I think it's a bit to strong but I am not a native speaker so all comments are welcome.

Lorenzo

4. Nitra

Nitra Member

Yeah female to male :D

Děkuji!!

5. Karel

Karel Well-Known Member

I`m in complete agreement with Lorenzo. (Don`t be so humble big Lorenzo! :D You ARE a native-like)

Nitra, tell them the truth when you arrive but don`t berate yourself! I`d give it a go with ....I`m not particularly good at languages but I`d love to learn Czech...... Jazyky mi moc nejdou, ale cestinu miluju......

6. marv_boy

marv_boy Active Member

:lol:

7. Nitra

Nitra Member

De^kuju, Karel (this is someone else's computer and it doesn't have Slavic fonts, gah).