visiting prague oct 9-12.

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by alohajo, Aug 31, 2005.

1. alohajo

alohajo New Member

Hi! I will be in Prague for three days only and am wondering what places can be visited near the knk central hotel that are worth seeing. I would like advice on restaurants, site seeing, nightclubs etc. Thanks!

2. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Hi,
    You obviously didn't put an effort to find anything about Prague. Surely, you cannot expect anyone to tell you everything they know about the city and what to see there.

Go to Yahoo or Google and type in Search "Prague tourism" and read - you will get your answers there.

There is also lot of information on this website. You just have to use function Search and read what it says.
    Good luck.

3. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi there!

The K+K Hotel Central is located on Hybernská Street, which is steps away from the Old Town where a number of major sights are located. You'll be within walking distance to sights such as: The Municipal House, Powder Tower, Old Town Square, Týn Church, the Astronomical Clock, House at the Black Madonna, the Jewish Quarter, Karlova Street, Wenceslas Square, Theatre of the Estates, etc. Considering that the whole historical center of Prague can be covered on foot or by taking short tram or metro rides, you'll also be able to walk or take public transport to Charles Bridge, National Theatre, St. Nicholas Church, Prague Castle... Prague is very manageable and your hotel is just outside the main tourist area.

Three days is really not that bad. You can see a lot in that amount of time. For ideas on how to organize your itinerary, please visit the page Three Days in Prague on this website. The Prague Sightseeing section also includes pages about the Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, New Town and the Vinohrady district. My Czech Republic also has some tips on Prague Restaurants and a section on Prague Nightlife.

Enjoy your stay!

Dana

4. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Dana, I apologize for my snappy answer on your website. You made me "eat humble pie :oops: kolac, by your graciousness. I will be nicer next time. :oops:

5. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

No problem Magan, I was snappy about your post in the Kofola thread, so we're even. Just kidding. :)

6. alohajo

alohajo New Member

Dana,

Thank you so much for the advice. This is my first time posting anything on any website, therefore, my ignorance in search engines etc. I found the three days in Prague and have actually learned a lot more.

This will be my first trip to Europe and am overwhelmed with different sites to visit.

Thanks again.

7. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi Joyce,

You're welcome! I'm glad that our website was the first one on which you ever posted. :) In case you haven't seen the following thread, take a look at 10 best things not to miss while in Praha....

I hope you like your trip to Europe!

Dana