Would It Be Overly Patriotic...

Discussion in 'Culture' started by Gone1987, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Gone1987

Gone1987 Member

Would it be overly patriotic to wear a t-shirt that says "Made in Canada" to the World Junior Hockey Championships? Obviously I wouldn't wear it to a restaurant or around the town, but would anyone take offence to me wearing that shirt and consider it inappropriate?

Dekuji for the responses.

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

I think nobody will care.

3. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

... unless the Canadians beat the Czechs! :lol:

4. eso

eso Well-Known Member

He said Junior Hockey Championships ;)

Nobody will care ;)

5. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Why do I doubt that last statement? Czechs seem to be extremely competitive when it comes to hockey--I can't imagine that changing much for Junior Leagues.

I'll mention as a side note, that strange things have occurred (albeit infrequently) in the U.S. at kid's games (football, baseball, basketball, etc.) where adults/parents get into fights in the stands over the competition. I doubt such would happen in the Czech Republic, but then again, you never know.

6. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Overly patriotic? Why? :shock:
    (Or, is it untrue because the t-shirt is made in China? :twisted:)

I don’t consider that phrase offensive in any way.

At the most, it could be problem in some luxury restaurant.

Around the town? Do you think around Pardubice? As far as I remember the last junior championship in Pardubice, you could be more conspicuous not wearing it. :wink:

And in addition, with a t-shirt refering clearly to Canada you can save a lot of time because you needn’t explain you donť speak Czech :wink:.

Czechs are very tolerant, even some patent lies like "Canada is the best" could be tolerable. :twisted: :twisted:

Nobody in Kladno. In Pardubice there it is an event (However, this time the hockey in Pardubice has to compete with basketball.)

Most of sport fans are saturated with senior hockey and football (= soccer).

This is more typical for football which is more open to general public.

7. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

It seems the only people who 'really' care about the World Junior Hockey Championships are people from Canada. The amount of coverage the tournaments gets in Canada is immense compared to the rest of the hockey world.

8. Suniskys

Suniskys Active Member

I think you'll be okay. My dad frequently wears his Team Canada hockey jersey to games with Czechs vs Canada and walks away alive lol

9. DanielZ

DanielZ Well-Known Member

Canada?

Canada??

Canada's flag is a Maple Leaf... a maple leaf... who could ever argue with that, or feel threatened?

:)

Canada is my very very near neighbor. All I need do is place my foot about 3 feet further and I am in Canada.

Hugs and kisses to my friends, the Canucks...

Dan