Magic Circle

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by chipmunk, Apr 26, 2004.

1. chipmunk

chipmunk Member

Ahoj!
    Can anybody help me get out of this magic circle? I come from the Czech Republic and I possess a degree in the Czech and English Philology from the Czech Republic (if anybody needs a help with Czech, feel free to contact me). I would like to go back to school here in the USA but the financial aids are limited for international students. I was told that I can get a scholarship but I need to be accepted to the school. My magic circle is that first the school wants to see a financial statement that I have a certain amount of money to support myself through the studies and then I can be accepted to the school and get a scholarship. I am looking for a sponsor organization that can help me to get over the first step. Does anybody know any helpful websites or organizations? Dekuju! :p

2. Karel

Karel Well-Known Member

Hi chipmunk,

Sounds like a real catch-22. Sorry to hear that. I`m afraid that I can`t help you step out of that vicious circle by giving you a direct link to any sponsor, but my humble suggestion is to apply for a different university. Lots of people are afraid to apply for a better-than-average university just because of the costs. In reality though, the more expensive school the better chances to get a loan. Once you get there, you can get yourself a part-time job and thus reduce your expenses. To cheer you up, you can stuff the authorities with loads of non-existent accounts which will allow you to be admitted, and then you just need to find a job and start paying off the debts.

All the best,

Karel

3. chipmunk

chipmunk Member

Ahoj Karel,
    thank you very much for your reply. As a matter of fact, I contacted the better-than-average university and they sent me application for admission+certificate of financial responsibility that I couldn't provide.
    Thanks anyway, I still believe that there is a way how to get out of this crazy magic circle, so I still keep searching :p
    Chipmunk