How would I say this?
"You are behaving as though the water supply will be cut off."
I'm looking for the rule for using subjunctive like "jakoby"...
Chovají se, jakoby zásoba vody (bude vypnutá).
They are behaving as though the water supply will be cut off.
Jak se liší všimej a všimně? Vypadají jako imperativy.
I've seen several different forms of participles, ending in -án, -áný, -áno. What's the difference?
What does an -o ending mean? For example:
I've read that y and i are pronounced identically. But is this still true at the end of a word, especially with long í? For example, when Czech...
This phrase was used in the film Kuky se Vraci. What does it mean?
Jak se reknou ta slovesa?
"could have": He could have bought a car. (he was able to, but he didn't)
"should have": He should have bought a...
Vim, ze znamena "used to be", ale cetl jsem, ze se muze pouzivat s ostatnimi slovesy, napriklad "bych byval".
1. "the one / the other": Should I use this printer or the one in the other room?
2. "call back": I'll call you back after I've finished...
Kde muzu naucit, jak vyslovit ceskou abecedu? Pismena ne v slovech, ale same.
Dobry den--jak se ty reknou?
1. "in fact": I love candy. In fact, I could eat a whole box of it.
2. "it would be": It would be great to talk...
Jak se ty řeknou--
1. "to act like": When I saw him earlier, he acted like he didn't know me.
2. "less (adjective)": Lately I've...
Jak se liší "-ání" a "-ící"?
Například: obtěžování vs. obtěžující?
řekl bych: "Ten muž je obtěžování"? Nebo "On je obtěžující muž"?
Mluvim anglicky; jak bych rekl ty fraze cesky?
1. "now that": Now that I have a car, I don't have to walk.
2. "by now": He left an...
Separate names with a comma.